December 20, 2009

December 20, 2009
Me, after losing 53 pounds in 2.5 months.

June 3, 2010 (8 months after surgery)

June 3, 2010 (8 months after surgery)
Me, after losing 102 pounds.

January 2011, Zoë's 5th Birthday

January 2011, Zoë's 5th Birthday
Zoë's 5th Birthday, January 2011, 130 pounds lighter and feeling good!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Olive Garden

I went to the Olive Garden with my super skinny friend, Michele, and she actually ate more than me!!! Hee hee hee. That cracks me up because she doesn't eat very much at all!  This was my first restaurant outing since the surgery, and I thought I'd only eat one item. I ended up having a lovely small meal. Two bites of salad, a few bites of mozzerella fondue, an ounce of a huge chicken skewer, and even a few bites of dessert. (We shared) The have a no sugar added chocolate lava cake. It's served warm on vanilla cream with strawberries, and on the inside is melty chocolate. It was wonderful. AND I brought home enough food for 2 more meals!!!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Olive Garden has added more protein based meals to their menu. For anyone who is concentrating on eating protein, I highly recommend the Chicken Spiedini Skewer.  It has three nice sized pieces of marinated chicken (tastes like the Venetian Grilled chicken they used to serve), grilled veggies, and russet potatoes.  Definitely a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment